Thursday, September 14, 2006

What is man that You are mindful of him?


I'm pretty sure that I've blogged this beofore...one of my favorite scriptures...weeks like these make me think goodnes...the drama is excrutiating...and what are we in it anyway? Why does the Uncreated put up with our playground bantar and our bitterness? Why does He allow us to hurt and wound others when we all deserve hell? Why are we so depraved that we would injure those that love us and have been there for us in the midst of so much? And how do we treat those that are the offenders and the offendees? What should my heart say to those I want to love but feel like I can't in the midst of offense? But how do I even have the right to ask these questions? What is it that He gives me breath to curse His beloved? And why can't I keep that in mind when I slander them?

One of my favorite Stuart quotes is when he was watching the Passion and watched Jesus get just wailed on and then see Him tell His disciples to love their enemies which is where Stuart said "That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard." I know what he means, but I don't wish that I would feel that forever...I want my heart to be pure, but the road is narrow and I am being crucified and currently not being very responsive...this is the predicament of the sermon on the mount this is hard...I'm dying and I should be happy about it...Jesus help me, help all of us and give us grace to love as You love...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home