Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Everyone has one

Today was my moment to be humbled in the light of Christian world stardom...

In the bookstore it is the office of all to work their to keep the onslaughts of people who wrote a book once, paint flags, sell hand-made cards, recorded a CD in their basement and want to promote us AWAY FROM DALE...this is something that you are told from the moment you are hired and it stays ingrained in your being for all times...

Today a gentleman asked for Dale...hearing the fateful words I sprung out of my chair in my office and asked if I could help as the cashier was flailing for words...The man said "Yes, I'm looking for Dale...she is an old friend." I said "Okay, I'll go check if she's here, what is your name?" This is the moment people...wait for it, wait for it..."(little laugh from the gentleman)Yes, she'll know me as Jim Goll." Well actually I think we all do...I knew he sounded prophetic...

And again...right back where I belong...I hope that brightens your day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gethsemene Rose said...

I used to have to do the same in the lobster business. (BTW I have a CD I produced LOL) Really I do but it is horrible I sell it online at http://www.cafepress.com/gethsemenerose.54447461
The only reason I even finished it is because the lead guitarist died and I thought it would be a nice tribute to finish it.

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jim goll, i once saw him do a little prophetic song about putting god in a headlock. it was...interesting. i wouldn't know who he was either. did he laugh because he expected you to know he was jim goll? if he did, well, rude.

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh this is great. you know Dale? do you think you can get me her e-mail address?

I wrote a book once about painting flags and I made an arts and crafts CD and would love to see it in the next Cataloge.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home