Friday, March 09, 2007

Thoughts from Blue Chair


"Blue Chair" isn't really the place that I usually am when I think of these things, I'm usually talking through something with my earthly beloved...Blue Chair more represents a place that I know that we can all relate to. A place where we go longing to catch a dim glimpse of the reason that we came here. All of this to say this is this week's thought from a blue chair.

This morning as I was thinking about prayer I started to think about John. John walked with Jesus, hung out with Him, ticked Him off a time or two, but the reality is that John was one of Jesus' best friends while He was on the earth. He was in physical proximity to John, John had actual dialogue with Jesus where he would ask a question and then Jesus would speak back not in the tumult of Revelation but in the meekness of the confines of His frame. This brought me to an interesting thought, after the ascension what did John's prayer life look like? How did he talk to his best friend after he watched Jesus defy physics and ascend, literally leave the planet by ascension back to heaven?

Whatever it looked like, that's what I want. I want to be humbled as John was humbled at the realization that God as a man poured His life into mentoring him for the destiny that He, the second person of the trinity saw in him. I want to have the reality that I can hear God as John did alive in my heart and I want to have the trembling on my spirit that John did when Jesus chose to show him who He really is in Revelation. I want to lean against the chest of the Creator and hear a weak human heart beat and be pierced by the reality of the frailty and finity of my human form. I want the fear of Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home