Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Awkward Moments


In the past 36 hours many an odd event has transpired...here I chronicle one to share with you.

Yesterday Jesse and I went to lunch at 54th with a few friends...he and I were splitting an appetizer sampler...which at 54th is not called an appetizer sampler but rather someone thought it's name was undoubtedly marketing genius. His conversation with the waitress went as follows:

Waitress: "And for you sir?"
Jesse: "I'll have four play please."
Waitress: "Hot or regular?"
Everyone at our table but Jesse: "Giggle, laugh, cough, etc."
Jesse: "Umm, hot please...wait (to Char) you don't like it hot do you?"
Everyone again: ".............giggle, cough.....silence...."
Now Jesse has realized what has happened and why we are all so awkard and yay terrified.
Jesse to waitress now laughing along with the rest of us: "I'll have regular please."
Waitress: "Calm down for me baby it's only Monday."

I don't know what she meant by that but I was the first one to laugh in the situation...but it was because B was staring at me awkardly...93B and Thigh Highs also joined the laughter.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

was i staring? 54th street is dirty.

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that reminds me of this time when I was a teenager and some friends and I went to this 50's style restaurant where they wear tons of "flare" (pins) on their outfit. So our waitress was an over the hill age, heavy set, type A personality, woman. I was reading her pins while she was taking orders when she stops, looks at me and goes "They're boobs, hon..."

3:47 PM  
Blogger well,blue productions said...

Shawn I'm surprised at you...of course I've seen office space :)

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home