Thursday, January 11, 2007

Boys


I've been waiting for something blog worthy for a while but this was a gem.

At onething a man told me that the reason men get married is because women are far more mature then they are and can take care of them. I would like to think that there are many reasons for one to get married like being completely smitten with another and never wanting to be without them but this person wrapped the mystery of marriage up in guys being immature. I laughed and thought of all the ways Love takes care of me, which are many.

A few days later another man in my life inquired to us about a foot injury. He said that he had been treating this infirmity for a bit and it simply wasn't getting better. I asked him what he had been doing for it and he told me that he had been putting alcohol and peroxide on it. I advised him to just roll with the alcohol since using both an acid and a base was probably not the best thing to do. Upon further inquiry he told me that it wasn't your run of the mill isopropyl alcohol he had been using but in his thrifty boyness it was hand sanitizer. In that moment I realized something, this kid does need to get married.

God is ridiculously amazing. The things that he puts in each of us. Lord knows I just would have run to the store for some rubbing alcohol, but not boys...boys are different. Thank You Jesus for making us unique.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Laughing myself silly over here! Thanks, Char!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Fairing Well said...

Yes, I liked that one as well. Although I would say that probably isn't the only reason guys need to get married;)

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home