Monday, December 18, 2006

Real Thanksgiving


Jesse and I started a tradition last year that we lovingly call "Real Thanksgiving". This began last year when he and I couldn't be together for Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is my most favorite holiday, I love the fellowship, the friends, the family, I love it, I love a full house and good food and craziness, I thrive off of it. So, when Jesse and I couldn't be together for it last year he suggested to me that when we both returned we would have "Real Thanksgiving." For this event we invite our dear friends and family in the KC area and have Thanksgiving again. This year we did it this past Saturday.

My sister Katherine made a ton of cookies with the help of Kirk and Amanda, Jesse and I made the turkey (so Taryn that means three more), sweet potato casserole with marshmallows on top, glazed carrots and stuffing. Others brought vats of potatoes, rolls, pie, more cookies and more sweet potatoes. It was beautiful. We had a delightful evening of food, apples to apples and crazy canines. I love having a full house and I love starting new traditions, Real Thanksgiving was a raging success.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's not real thanksgiving if my dad doesn't scare kirk.

remember that.

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home