Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Word of the week: Overcommitted


You won't be hearing from me very much for the next week or so because my life right now is summed up by one word. Overcommitted. Dictionary.com defines it as this but I feel like a more accurate picture of how I feel is on the same level as the war in Iraq, that's overcommittment.

Onething is soon to be upon us, just a few hours really, but in my overzealoussness to impress my new family I suggested that Jesse and I host Christmas as well. Seemed like a fantastic idea at the time, until this past Monday when someone told me that Christmas Eve was Sunday. It's not that I thought Christmas was after onething, I just thought Christmas was after onething. You know what I mean? My body occassionally goes into a self preservation mode and this was one of those mechanisms the "Don't worry Christmas isn't coming for another 6 months reflex." Jesus help. It's always funny to me around this time of year that literally everything I do is for Jesus. Christmas, onething, literally all for Jesus, but oddly enough I feel the furthest from Him during this time. I want onething redeemed in my heart. For 3 years now it has been nothing but blood, sweat and tears but really 5 years ago it was where the Lord of Hosts marked my heart forever and I have never been the same.

Jesus, for Christmas I want my heart to be alive. I want to fall in love with You at onething, I want to love the conference goers, I want to be alive, I want to feel (something other than the pain in my back and the twitch in my knee) I want an encounter as we work the registers, as we help people, God this is our plea, for the bookstore God, let people meet you in the bookstore, let those of us who are working experience Your heart. God we love You, let us fall in love again.

This year you can catch all the action from onething live right here, or come and check it out for yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home