Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Onething in a Post


So now that I'm lucid I thought that I'd share a few of my favorite onething moments with you. Here we go people.

-On the last day of the conference I was getting change for one of my cashiers and I noticed as I was standing there that he didn't check an ID on an unsigned credit card. I politlely said to him "Don't forget to check ID, that last card was unsigned." His response made me laugh and cry at the same time. "But Char, his name is on the front." I hope you feel secure shopping with us.
-The boys on the last night were moving the safes from the secret room to the trucks. They realized that they had two safes on a cart and decided to cover them with some drapes. The elevator got to their floor and low and behold there was a lone child in it. Being the stand-up guys they are one of them looked at the innocent child and said "Hey kid, do you like gelato?"
-A last year moment: Last year Jesse tackled me to the ground at the managers station and put peanut butter all over my face while Kristen filmed...and Mark Shumacher came to ask us responsible people a question.
-Our RMS rep. Heidi was with us this onething, God Bless her. She's Canadian and excessively smart. I think that we are a bit of a mystery to her. A bunch of twenty-somethings running a business, it's scary to outsiders. Jesse had to check us all into the hotel and so he needed an ID from everyone. He walked away from the managers station saying "I'll be right back, I'm just going to run and make some fake-IDs out of these." Heidi looked up and said "Oh my gosh that's horrible." Jesse replied in shame with "I'm only kidding."
-This year we decided that next year we will have a bookstore representative on the stage saying "Actually no, you can't do that in the bookstore."
All in all people, it was the best onething ever. I enjoyed it very much and I hope this is only the beginning to smoothly running onethings.

Thanks to all of you who were praying for us, we felt every whisper and every amen. The Lord is good and He is faithful. Thank You Jesus and thank you for holding us up in it.

Blessings to you and yours and Happy New Year!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi friend,

I have missed talking to you...are you recovered yet? I prayed for you much over the new year.. i love you and miss you and cant wait to see you either

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home