Thursday, January 18, 2007

Just another thing that would only happen to me


Today we received a shipment of 5 large displays. They were shipped to us in large crates that needed to be torn to shreds in order to get the displays out of them. Kirk, Jesse and I were working with prybars (crowbar if you prefer), hammers and screwdrivers to get them out of the crates on the patio outside of the bookstore. I recognize that I was wearing a skirt and heels but that doesn't warrant the event that transpired.

I received several offers for assistance which I politely declined but there was one man who literally, I am not kidding took my prybar out of my hands looked me in the face and said "I like you."

I don't know what happened and I don't even know what that means I just know I was angry. I wasn't struggling, I wasn't crying, I wasn't hurting myself or others, I was just working, next to my husband at that. It was an agitating experience.

My sisters and I helped build our house. Footings, framing, digging the hole, concrete, wiring, sheetrocking, plumbing, taping, puttying, painting, doors, windows, roofing, siding all of it. We helped, our house is still standing. Just like Rosie, we can do it. Good night and good luck.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hell yeah, mankiller. go get 'em! and get that tat on your back.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Katherine said...

That's how I feel when guys open doors for me.

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home