Monday, March 12, 2007

Just don't call them stupid


Whether I believe that global warming is real, not real or anything in between, during debate with someone of the opposite view never is there cause to belittle who they are as an image bearer. I don't care if the information someone gives me is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my entire existence, whatever they say there is no need ever to straight up call them stupid unless of course I plan on taking their so-called stupidity upon myself and go on to be nailed to a cross...and the other stipulation of course would then be that I was be the Son of God, which of course I am not, therefore there really is no cause what-so-ever under the umbrella of the discussion of really anything, to ever breach this standard.

I have people that I love that are extremely well-educated people who if they were ever to wander onto a few of the postings on the topic of global warming around here would know immediately that none of us have gone to college for any kind of science ever ever ever. The people that oppose my views on whatever topic still need to know Jesus. In light of this I am beseeching the blogosphere to for the love of all things holy, just don't call them stupid.

7 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Amen!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

Did you get disrespected?

My concern lies with global COOLING. Ice ages have wiped out many a human of yesteryear but so far as I know we've never been charred (sorry Char) out by heat. Right?

Please don't call me stupid.

11:44 PM  
Blogger well,blue productions said...

Hey Chuck, I would never call you stupid, that would make me a hipocrite. So, don't apologize for your views, I can disagree with you respectfully.

Thanks for the shout out midnight, I can always count on you!

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vote for me, Char!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Fairing Well said...

i take full responsibiliy for that last comment...

1:19 PM  
Blogger Fairing Well said...

what i meant to say was responsibilty...

al gore

1:19 PM  
Blogger well,blue productions said...

Thanks Scott. I feel like this issue isn't one that we all have to agree on since it isn't central to where we'll spend eternity, however I do believe that the way that we carry and present ourselves in discussion, no matter what the topic, reveals the state of our hearts and therefore affects the eternal. It affects what Jesus is going to say to us on the day that we end up before the throne of judgement and what I hope this post does more than anything is remind us to be preserving the dignity of the image bearer no matter their stance on whatever issue.

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home